Friends of Holy Rood
Welcome to Friends of Holy Rood section of our website.
We are very fortunate that our Friends group are extremely active at raising funds to support activities at Holy Rood. The group hold Christmas and summer fairs, tombolas, raffles, clothes weigh-ins, gift shops for Mother's and Father's days, coffee mornings plus many more events. Below is a flavour of what Friends have fund raised for the school in the current academic year:
Fundraising September 2018 – July 2019
- Autumn bake sale for Year 4 residential – contribution of £729 for transport to residential and against accommodation costs – saving each child £24
- Purchased dining table for school lunches at a cost of £805
- Book for every child £178
- Sale of Christmas cards £87
- Christmas events – coffee morning/bake sales after concerts, raffles and fair £1322
- Panto trip for all children and curly wurlys £442
- Bake sales for each year group – subsidising each trip by approximately £120 – therefore every child benefits
- Payment of transport for Year 6 residential £700
- Easter egg for all children £174
- New cooker for art and science room – can be used by all classes and after school cooking club
- Donation to new library installation £6000
- 150 club (open to all parents/staff) £310 given away in prize money £310 profit for Friends Group to pay for additional items in school
- MacMillan coffee morning £151
New members are always welcome to join Friends of Holy Rood, no matter how much time you can give. Events such as the Christmas and summer fairs take a lot of organising and members are needed to man the stalls etc. Current members of the group are mums, dads and grandparents who give generously of their time and the group could not run without them.
To find out more please click on the link below which will take you the Friends Facebook Page.